background design

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scrapbusters and Birthdays

One of my other hobbies is making quilts, though that is something I haven't done in at least 4+ years.  It's just not a feasible hobby with 2 children (1 a toddler) and a full-time job.  I have numerous totes filled with fat quarters and yardage, all waiting to be thoughtfully made into quilts.  My absolute favorite quilts are all scrap quilts.  This style lends itself really well to cardmaking, too.  Really, at what point is a paper scrap too small to use and be tossed?   For me, anything that is at least 1-1/2 inches wide is game to keep.  Using it is another story... until I saw this card on SCS.  Talk about an ingenious way of using up scraps! Here is my version:


So easy to make; just punched hearts outlined in black with faux stitching.   I'll probably save it and send it to one of my young nieces or nephews for Valentines day.  I think I am a CASEaholic.  Is there a 12-step program for that?  

Actually, this next card I did not CASE.  This is a birthday card I made for my sister, whose birthday is next month, 4 days before mine.

Shoot...I've been searching for where I got the sentiment, but so far coming up empty handed.  Will keep looking and edit when I find it.  The image is a Dustin Pike freebie, colored with my good ol' PrismaColors.  I took an white gel pen and dotted around the edge of the Kraft base.

Finally, I have one last card I wanted to share.  As a follower at Create with TLC, I was privy to a goodie image and had time to make something with it.  Thank you, Paulette, for the great image! I hope I did it justice!



--Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment